Sunday, September 18, 2016

Feedback Focus

I would rank the three strategies in this order:

1. Reading Out Loud
2. Using a Timer
3. Copy-and-Delete

Reading Out Loud is especially beneficial to me because it is forcing me to speak the words, which helps me remember them better. Sometimes the inflection in your voice will help you remember words easier. This is similar to when someone is telling you their phone number: you remember it because of the tone of their voice.

Using a Timer is also helpful because you can take breaks. If you reward yourself after 10 minutes of work, you will want to work harder. It is important to treat yourself and give yourself breaks! I like doing this with textbooks especially. It is easier to have an equal amount of work to do in between each session.

Last, Copy-and-Delete: this strategy really does not work well for me. I do know that this helps many people edit!


Image: Books from Wired.

No comments:

Post a Comment