Sunday, August 28, 2016

Reading Notes: Jewish Fairy Tales, The Giant of the Flood

When I began reading this, I assumed it was going to be about how unicorns did not make it onto Noah's Ark. Since the story was more focused on the giant (Og) I want to focus more on Unicorns and how we don't see them anymore.  I think it would be fun to name the unicorn (thinking something along the lines of Oscar, or something funny/old man name). Oscar will be the smallest unicorn of the pack, and he doesn't know how to survive on his own. Since he is the only unicorn left, he has not fallen in love with anyone. One day, Oscar meets a beautiful horse. From this: a rhino is created. I think it would be funny to tell the story of the first rhino and his parents.

Image: Cartoon Rhino from Nick Gowman. 

Bibliography: Jewish Fairy Tales and Legends by Gertrude Landa. Link to The Giant and the Flood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment