Monday, August 22, 2016

Story: The Lion and the Mouse

Once, there was a tiny mouse named Henry. Henry was smaller than all of the other mice in his family. Between his 14 brothers and sisters, he was always getting lost. On one early morning, Henry's family was out and about looking for food. Poor little Henry fell asleep behind a tree, so his family could not find him. They looked every where they could think, but there was no Henry
in sight. His mom left a trail of food so hopefully he could find his way back home. Henry was lost and scared until he noticed the food trail. "What is this?" Thought the tiny mouse. He followed the trail until suddenly he ran into something. It rumbled. He tried to keep walking, but could not see because of this furry object. "Maybe I'll just walk around it," thought Henry. He tried going to the right, but could not see the trail. Instead he tried the left, but still no trail! "Okay," he thought, "maybe I will just try to climb on top of it and look for the trail." Big mistake. The object started to move and growl, and before Henry knew it, a lion was trying to eat him! "Please don't eat me, I'm not worth it! I won't make you full!" He pleaded. "I will do anything, please." The lion heard his plea and decided Henry was right, he was not worth it. The lion snickered and put Henry back on the ground. "Whatever you say," roared the lion. Henry sprinted as fast as he could. Luckily, he found the food trail his mom had left him! Finally, he was home safe and sound. One morning, a few months later, Henry and his family were out and about again. They heard roars in the distance... It was a lion. "Mom, I'll be right back." Said Henry, recognizing the familiar roar. Sure enough, the lion that once tried to eat Henry was tied up in a bag by hunters. "Oh no! I've got to get him out!" Henry waited until the hunters backs were turned, and starting chewing the ropes as fast as he can. "I told you I would help you!" Exclaimed Henry to the lion. Sure enough, Henry let the lion out of the bag. "Thank you for saving my life" The lion said. They both ran straight back to their moms.

Author's Note: I wrote this story after reading "The Lion The Mouse". This story is my own interpretation, meaning I gave the two characters more of a story/names. It was fun to show my own twist on this classic fable.

Bibliography. "The Lion The Mouse" from The Fable of Aesop by Joseph Jacobs. Web source.

Male Lion from Borongaja

3 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I like your version of this story a lot! It is almost a mix of The Lion The Mouse and Hansel and Gretel. If I were lost, I would definitely like to be led home by food. The 14 brothers and sisters part reminds me of the movie Home Alone. In the movie the youngest was left at home when the family went on vacation. Although my family isn’t that big, having three siblings, two dogs and a bunny. It is easy to see how in a family with 14 kids, that one could be left behind by accident!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!

    Like what Annie said I really liked the twist you put on the Lion and the Mouse story, and how you made it like Hansel and Gretel. I liked your dialogue in the story a lot and thought it made your story sound a lot better. Thats something that I didnt do in my story and wished I had because it wouldve made it sound better. I also liked how Henry ended up saving the Lions life just as the lion had done to Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a very nice story, I really enjoyed reading it. The version you've made makes the story much better. I am sure life is very hard for little Henry but getting away from a lion means he is definitely very smart. However, I do wonder why the lion was this nice with him. Thanks for sharing, I look forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete