Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Storybook Favorites

The first blog I read was a storybook, which was surprising because I thought I would lean more towards a portfolio.  The Magic of Reading was SO GOOD. I loved this and really want to mine to turn out similar. The author talked from a ghosts point of view throughout different stories. It was extremely creative and an absolute page turner. She went through stories like Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Little Red Riding Hood. I think the topic is mysterious, but keeps the reader in the loop. The introduction does an awesome job of informing the reader what will happen. The design and navigation was so easy. I immediately knew how to get around and what order to read the stories in.

Next, I read Tragically Ever After.  The introduction to this one was kind of like reading the back of a book. It was informative, but did not give much away. Definitely made me want to keep reading! This storybook was set up just like The Magic of Reading. They also both talk about Sleeping Beauty. This blog also talks about A Prince's Tale of Woe and Prince Not-So-Charming (Cinderella again). I chose two very similar blogs! I think this is what I will most likely write about. I really like the storybooks and the princess/fairytales!

Last, I read Gossip Girl: The Dirt on Hawaii's Elites. This is not one I see myself doing, but it was a great idea. The author did a great job with the introduction. I was not expecting to learn so much about Hawaii from learning this! My favorite part of this storybook was how it was set up. The format was a little different from the other two. Her tabs were located on the left side and not the top, which I liked better! I am so excited for this assignment.

Image: Found on The Magic of Reading image by Missy Meyer, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment